CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Breath in... Breath out

Where am I going to breath while singing a song? How do I remember when or when not to breath? Personally, I keep track of where I breath by creating a "breathing map" I am able remember more easily when and how large or small those breaths are. You are probably wondering what a "breathing map" is? A breathing map is made by marking in the sheet music exactly where to breath. The breathing spots can be marked with any mark that will help you the most. I prefer to use a breath mark ( ' ), but there are many options. Shelley Kristen, from the "Complete Singing Voice Lesson Series," teaches her students to use a "B" to indicate a big breath or a "b" to mean a small/quick breath. She gives a very good lesson in the following video on Breathing Maps.






I also am a fan of vocal books that give helpful breathing information that I can read while singing at the piano or standing at a music stand. There are many great vocal books out there that can help with breathing techniques. Some examples would be,







Vocal Coach Jamie Vendera's breathing guide
Cost: $17.95
Click here for more information





Berklee Workshops "Vocal Technique"
Cost: $19.95
Click here for more information

0 comments: