CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

DEFY GRAVITY

"It's time to try defying gravity, I think I'll try defying gravity, and you can't pull me down." This musical has inspired me throughout these past years. It has touched my heart. The name of this amazing Broadway musical is "Wicked."

Some of you have heard of it, some of you maybe not. For those of you who don't know, the plot is a story of Glinda the good witch and the wicked witch before they journeyed down their separate paths. Sounds kind of odd, right? I remember not being to interested in learning more about it when I first was told the main plot. Was I wrong or what! When I was a young teenager, I began overhearing my mom listening to the music and I fell in love. Since then, I have memorized all of the songs and have seen the musical in theatre three times (in NY city, Arizona, and LA)

The musical became personal when I performed "The Wizard and I" at a competition when I was 17. Much practice was put in and I was very devoted to doing my best. The final night of performance was a special night for me. The next year, I auditioned for a solo for that same song in my choir and was chosen. I was very happy to have the opportunity to sing that special song again.

As you can see, "Wicked" and the songs in it have had an impact on me. I have felt what this musical can give to people and I wanted to share it with you. Go to see this musical! If you won't be able to for a while, start with listening to the track. You will find yourself singing or humming the tunes throughout your day.

If you are interested in attending this life changing musical soon, click here to look into buying tickets. And if you are not interested, watch the following clip from Wicked and I am sure your interest will grow.


0 comments: